5.10.2010

Ode To Max - The ONE Year Old!

Come take a trip (more like a journey from the length of the post) down memory lane in honor of Max's FIRST BIRTHDAY!!! This boy turned ONE on May 2nd. I just couldn't help but think of how large and uncomfortable I was exactly a year ago. I've never walked so much, been so anxious, nervous, impatient, excited, large, swollen, grumpy, slow-moving in my whole life! Oh man, but after seeing him for the first time I would have done it all again the next day! (Ok, maybe not the very next day.)

Mike and I talk a lot about the last year and we just can't believe how fast its gone and how much we LOOOVE this little boy!!

"Hellooooo world" - Max
"Hellooooo double chin" - Mom

In all his 8 lb 10 oz glory!

Mmmm, those cheeks!

A few days old.
Thanks for the pics, Whit!


1 MONTH


Is it just me, or does he already look like a little man?!

2 MONTHS


THREE MONTHS

I miss those rolls...

And that balding head
(which we didn't even realize was balding at the time - ha!)


4 MONTHS



5 MONTHS


What a good sport!

SIX MONTHS


Learned to sit up and totally outgrew the bouncer.

7 MONTHS



8 MONTHS


Crawling like nobody's business by now

9 MONTHS


Standing up on EVERYTHING!

10 MONTHS


Getting braver taking a few little steps

11 MONTHS

Such a cute little walker!

Found his love for "sweepin"

Got many, many bumps and bruises
(And more to come, I'm sure)

12 MONTHS

Favorite thing to do is play outside...

And talk on the phone...."Hello!"

He thinks everything semi-round is a "Ba" (ball)

Including this tomato!
Well, I think he got it when he bit into it!

We had a race car party for him at the park and it was loads of fun! I had fun putting everything together, but was glad to have it over! Thanks to all who could make it and for the generous gifts. It is like Christmas everyday over here!
(side note: We stink at taking pictures. This is pretty much all we have. :( If anyone has any of him eating his cake and opening presents, let me know! We do have it on video....we aren't completely horrible!)

Little race track cake

His head was CAKED in sand - which means he had fun, right?!

Apparently this boy is little:
20 lbs 13 oz - 20th %
29 and something inches - 30th %

He LOVES cars and balls, sleeps wonderfully, blows kisses, and is talking up a storm! I can't believe it - it's like we are communicating with a mini little person!

He says:
mama, dada, hi, ba (ball), da (dog), chz (cheese), shz (shoes), ni ni (night night), mi mi (milk), wa wa (water), na (snack), ca (car), me mo (Elmo), nana (banana), aboo (peekaboo), bay bay (baby). I know I sound like an exaggerating momma, but it's true! Ooooh, I just can't get enough of this little guy!! He is such a delight and we just can't remember what we did without him!!!

11 comments:

  1. I think its so fun to look back at baby pictures knowing what you know now about your big boy!! Such a cutie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its Cara, I'm sad I missed the stinkin party, but I loved reading about Max so far!!! He is the coolest little guy and I'm so glad you're in love. Being a parent is the best thing ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! He is so darn cute. Wow! A year huh!? That's crazy. I do love the newbie pictures and he totally does look like a little old man in those 1 month pictures! He looked so focused and alert, not zoned out like most newborns! How cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW...what a guy. I just love him! He needs to come over more often (or we just need to hook up more often) so they kids can play. Happy Birthday Max!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and Mike are awesome parents. Max just takes after you guys!!

    Love you much - Grandpa Norm

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Max! He is SO ADORABLE! I just love his sweet face :) Looks like a fun party! Isn't it crazy how fast the year flies by?? Hope all is well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THAT BOY! AND HIS AWESOME PARENTS TOO!

    ReplyDelete
  8. One already?! Wow! Happy Birthday to Max! He is such a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There never was a cuter little boy than Mr. Max! I mean it! he is SO SO darling, and I love that little guy so much! Happy Birthday Baby Max! (Stanton said we can't call him Baby Max anymore now that he is one.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maya just walked by the computer and saw Max's pictures and said, "Oh Max is so cute and so grown-up!"

    ReplyDelete
  11. You survived the party! Wahoo!!!! Looks cute!! And....WHAT? All those words? Tristan says "mama" on a good day. Crazy!

    ReplyDelete