We kind of missed the swimming boat with Max because he was too little last summer. Let's just say he's a little hesitant now! I think he is getting better though. We bought him a teeny pool and let him play around in it and after he'd been in it for a few minutes, he was splashin around like a fish out of water! It was fun to see! He's never been a huge fan of baths and cries every time I wash his hair. How on earth do you teach a one year old to tilt their head back?
Testing out the waters
We hit up the splash pad. It was so hot and we weren't planning on taking Max, hence the no swimsuit, but he ended up loving it!

Great photos - thanks so much for the updates!! Wonder how he will like the beach??
ReplyDeleteGrandpa Norm
seriously...is max already spoken for? cause i'd like to reserve him please. arranged marriage in 25 years?
ReplyDeleteGot your message :) So yeah, she's pretty much a BIG Character. You two would get a long great with your singing/karaoke skills lol I'd love to see you again, everytime we go to bass pro shops or downtown mesa and pass the turn off for your house...(i'm assuming you live in the same place) I think oh man I should just stop and say hi to Mary so call me sometime when your free and wanna meet up!
ReplyDeleteWow, what a great summer you guys are having! He is soooooo soooo sooooo darn cute! Like REALLY REALLY cute! So much fun. With Scottsen we just started dumping water on his head in the bath and not making a big deal about it. Now, at 20 months, he is an absolute fish in the water, totally fearless (which is kind of scary) and does not care at all about putting his head under water. With Eli, we tried to teach him to put his head back during baths and he hated hair washes and when it came time to learn to swim...it was HORRIBLE! Screaming, crying, expensive lessons....oh my! So, I say just dump the water on during bath time and eventually they get over it! But every kid is different.
ReplyDelete