We celebrated our 5 Year Anniversary on August 18th! What a wonderfully HOT day it was 5 years ago - oh goodness, what were we thinking!! We weren't, we were too in love. I literally almost passed out during all of the pictures before the reception. I think it was a combination of being at the pool all that day (we got married the day before the reception) and my dress being a tad too tight on the arms cutting off circulation. I really was going to tone my arms before the big day. I felt TONS better after I left the receiving line early to go throw up in the bathroom...I knew Mike was a keeper when he was holding back my veil as I did my business.
Anyhow, we just went out to dinner and ice cream, leaving the boy for the first time. It was actually very nice and he was a happy camper for the grandparents, so I'd say it was a success! We dined at "AH-SO", a Japanese restaurant in Gilbert. The food was excellent and it was very fun and entertaining. It was one of those places that cooks the food in front of you. If you go, just make sure to bring cash for the cook for a tip - we felt like fools when we couldn't add on a tip for him to the check. We ended up going back to tip him...kinda funny! I wish I had some wedding pictures scanned to show you, our photographer didn't give us any digital ones. Just imagine Mike and I - just 5 years younger.


Classic flaming onion - no we didn't know the couple across from us.
I felt a little dumb taking pictures and getting them in it!
Mike giving it the approval
I was lookin sexy that night in my TWO DIFFERENT SHOES!! I didn't notice until after we dropped off Max. Oh geez, I blame the dreaded mommy brain!
Anyone who knows Mike, knows I married the best around! He is so kind hearted, patient, laid back, funny, sweet, smart, handsome, handy, helpful, and supportive. The guy is a friend to all and is such a good example to me! Here's to even more happiness in the years to come! Love you babe!!
Anyhow, we just went out to dinner and ice cream, leaving the boy for the first time. It was actually very nice and he was a happy camper for the grandparents, so I'd say it was a success! We dined at "AH-SO", a Japanese restaurant in Gilbert. The food was excellent and it was very fun and entertaining. It was one of those places that cooks the food in front of you. If you go, just make sure to bring cash for the cook for a tip - we felt like fools when we couldn't add on a tip for him to the check. We ended up going back to tip him...kinda funny! I wish I had some wedding pictures scanned to show you, our photographer didn't give us any digital ones. Just imagine Mike and I - just 5 years younger.
I felt a little dumb taking pictures and getting them in it!
Anyone who knows Mike, knows I married the best around! He is so kind hearted, patient, laid back, funny, sweet, smart, handsome, handy, helpful, and supportive. The guy is a friend to all and is such a good example to me! Here's to even more happiness in the years to come! Love you babe!!

Happy 5 years! Love the shoes, that is too funny:)
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary!
ReplyDeleteI guess you llked the food. We have thought about trying it, but you may have pushed us that direction!
I'm laughing about the shoes. Maybe that's why I only have about 3 pair and they look nothing alike.
Love the mismatched shoes. Too funny!! I can't believe it has been 5 years for you guys.
ReplyDelete