8.03.2009

Tough Economic Times

Must be pretty bad when Mike lets me cut his hair!! Did I mention I have NEVER cut hair before? Don't worry, he was giving me instructions as I went:

Mike: "They start with the clippers and just go straight up."
Me: "How do you turn them on?"
Mike: "Whatever you do, just do it confidently. It makes me nervous when you are barely touching my head."
Me: "Do you think it will work with these kitchen scissors?"
Mike: "Just keep going, I can't sit here forever."

Yes, it did take quite a while - we had to do it in two shifts, because Max woke up. I must say the second time around was in about half the time AND I bought me some hair cutting scissors, so I'm really a pro now. The lady at Sally's asked if I was a hair stylist! I told her I was...for my husband!

I have been begging Mike for years now to let me cut his hair (It just looked so fun). I'm glad he finally let me. It was actually his idea too!

BEFORE


DURING
(He has SO much hair!)

A week AFTER - he finally did his hair and we found some long strays! Ooops!
This was actually the "after" from the second cut.


AFTER
Mmm...love my tall, dark, and handsome man!!

Speaking of haircuts, this little man had some long strays too, so I put my scissors to work once again!!

No, that isn't a dragonfly - it is the hair I cut!

6 comments:

  1. Nice work Mari!!! Reminds me of the first time (and only time come to think of it) that Mom gave me a haircut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cut my husbands hair too! And I have never cut hair before either! But it's pretty easy once you get the hang of it :) And we save so much money by not having to go to Great Clips every other week! Your little guy is SO cute! You seem so happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey good hair cut! Maybe I should try to cut Rob's golden curls. As of now, he only lets me shave his neck beard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. His haircut looks fabulous Mari! I'm all about cutting Kevin's hair and honestly I think that wife's spend a lot more time on it then the hair dressers do at great clips. It's a win-win!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job! I'm quite impressed. Don't worry, the more you do it the faster it goes. I swear my first haircut took at least an hour & I'd been taught the basics of how to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so funny and so me too! Nick always wants me to cut his hair becuase he refuses to pay $15, so he gets a really bad hair cut instead for FREE!!! You did a great job though, Mikes got a full head of hair so that would be difficult, Nick on the other hand.....need I say more!!!

    ReplyDelete