We flew out to Salt Lake to visit my grandparents for the weekend! They hadn't met Max and we thought we'd better go before it got too cold there and before Mike started school. It was a great trip and Max was such a little trooper! I think I said, "We have such a good little boy!" a million times on the trip.

At the airport - he held on to this strap every time he was in the stroller. He is such a funny little kid!

He did great on the plane - especially for missing two naps! We did have to break out the emergency Baby Einstein video we downloaded on Mike's phone. What did they do in the olden days?
Yes, this is in THE COCKPIT! Bad picture, I know - what do you do? One of the flight attendants took to Max and made these special arrangements to go in. He also gave Max a Southwest pen, wings, CAN of water, coloring book, and a certificate. Kind of funny/weird, but so nice. As we were about to land, there was a special announcement congratulating Max on completing his very first flight. The guy across the aisle even reached out to shake Mike's hand and said congratulations. Again, kind of funny/weird!!
The weather was beautiful (70's) and this tree made us wonder why we live in the AZ desert?!
I think we put him in the wrong way, but it worked great!


My cute boys - playin in the backyard!
Me in "the Jag". We mostly hung out at the house, but we did go out to my aunts house for lunch with cousins and downtown to Temple Square. My grandpa was insistent that we take his car, for some reason! I think we got some funny looks out on the road when people saw us driving slow, like we didn't know our way around. They probably expected to see older folks. We went downtown to take a tour of the Conference Center, because Mike had never been in. Well, turns out it was closed for event preparation! BAH! A few years ago when we were there the SAME EXACT thing happened. Oh well, wasn't and isn't meant to be.
Max in Grandpa's chair. This really is HIS chair! He is a big sports nut and frequently dines in the chair while watching a game. We caught a glimpse of every game of every sport that was on that weekend. My step grandma sure is a good sport!
Cute! Max really liked them. We were worried he would be a scaredy cat.

4 Generation picture.
My parents happened to be up in Idaho and coming back that day, so we were on the same flight coming home. No, my mom and I didn't plan the matching outfits, but it worked out quite nicely!
Coming home! I always like to be on the ground - I always get sick to my stomach on planes. It is the smell of them that grosses me out, always has. I just keep thinking about my head leaning back on the smelly seat, pulling down the tray to find someone else's crumbs. Eww. I swear I'm not even a germ freak, it just gets to me!
At the airport - he held on to this strap every time he was in the stroller. He is such a funny little kid!
The weather was beautiful (70's) and this tree made us wonder why we live in the AZ desert?!
I think we put him in the wrong way, but it worked great!


My cute boys - playin in the backyard!
Me in "the Jag". We mostly hung out at the house, but we did go out to my aunts house for lunch with cousins and downtown to Temple Square. My grandpa was insistent that we take his car, for some reason! I think we got some funny looks out on the road when people saw us driving slow, like we didn't know our way around. They probably expected to see older folks. We went downtown to take a tour of the Conference Center, because Mike had never been in. Well, turns out it was closed for event preparation! BAH! A few years ago when we were there the SAME EXACT thing happened. Oh well, wasn't and isn't meant to be.My parents happened to be up in Idaho and coming back that day, so we were on the same flight coming home. No, my mom and I didn't plan the matching outfits, but it worked out quite nicely!
Coming home! I always like to be on the ground - I always get sick to my stomach on planes. It is the smell of them that grosses me out, always has. I just keep thinking about my head leaning back on the smelly seat, pulling down the tray to find someone else's crumbs. Eww. I swear I'm not even a germ freak, it just gets to me!

What a fun trip! I didn't know you even went. I love Max. He is getting a little chubby...so cute!
ReplyDeleteFun time!
ReplyDeleteGrandpa really let you guys take the Jag??? I think that's definite proof you're still his little sweetheart! :)
And, I can't wait to see Max's costume on Friday, it sounded SO cute!
So good of you guys to make this trip. And it was very fun to see you there!! Thanks for the photos . . . Grandpa Norm
ReplyDelete